We are looking for individuals to join our team who embody our values, share our passion and commitment to delivering unique experiences. If you are interested in the position(s) below, please apply via Contact at the bottom of the page.
- Enhance Experience is on the hunt for a Senior Engineer to help us grow an exciting new game based on a completely new original IP. You will join as one of the earliest team members to help take our concept from initial prototypes and designs into something inspiring that is ready to scale into a production sized team. This role requires someone who is technically minded and knowledgeable across a wide variety of game systems such as gameplay, AI, UI, and animation. The ideal candidate will be capable of contributing independently but equally excited to help build something new from the ground up with a talented team of people from multiple cultural backgrounds.
- If this sounds like your jam, we’d love to hear from you!
- • As an early team member, participate in prototyping and construction of a production ready vision for a new game for Console and PCs.
- • Apply your experience as both a game maker and engineer to incubate ideas collaboratively with team members and rapidly discover the best ways to bring game concepts to life through a variety of systems and tools
- • Support the game and team from all angles, including ensuring technical best practices, forward thinking tool selection/creation, and identifying necessary technical talent
- • Maintain clean and well documented code for the project
- • Facilitate code reviews and support learning for other technical team mates as needed
- • Contribute to production planning, ensuring we grow the technical team and plan features in a sustainable, smart way
- • 5+ years of professional experience in game development or equivalent
- • You have shipped at least one commercially released video game in lead or senior engineer capacity
- • Deep C++ proficiency
- • Familiarity with Unreal Engine (ideally in a professional setting)
- • Experience owning whole games or complex game systems as the engineer of record
- • Professional proficiency in either English or Japanese
- • As this position requires a high degree of collaboration and coordination with core Japan-based team members, preference will be given to candidates in the Japan Standard Time zone or those who at a minimum can commit to ensuring their work hours overlap with JST 8:00~12:00.
- • Strong game design sense and interest in contributing to the design process
- • Experience leading and supporting a team of multiple engineers on a single game project
- • Passion for and/or experience with games that meld strong narrative and cinematic elements with compelling game loops
- • Familiarity with supporting artists and designers in creating stylized 3D worlds
- • Experience collaborating in hybrid or remote game development teams
- • Multi-platform development experience (PC, Console, Mobile)
- • Proficiency in both Japanese and English
Place of work:
- • Hybrid – While some in office/co-located work in Tokyo is required for team planning and project review, the majority of the time you are free to work from your own location