Enhance and Tokyo-based design studio tha ltd. today unveiled a new gameplay trailer and May 2023 release date for HUMANITY®, a unique action-puzzle hybrid from visionary designer Yugo Nakamura, coming to PlayStation 5 (with PS VR2 compatibility), PlayStation 4 (with PS VR compatibility), and PC (via Steam, with VR compatibility). A limited-time demo for HUMANITY is available now on all platforms through March 6, 2023.
A unique blend of puzzle-solving and action-platforming, HUMANITY puts the fate of all mankind in your hands. Er, paws. Did we mention you’re a dog?
You play a Shiba Inu charged with commanding massive, marching crowds to jump, turn, push, float, shoot, and climb their way to salvation. Guide the masses through levels (10 in the demo, 90-plus stages in the full game Story Mode) filled with obstacles, enemies, puzzles, and unlockable skills, or browse a wide array of user-made challenges (or build your own!) crafted via the super-easy-to-use in-game Stage Creator. (Note: Created stages and all accompanying data from the demo – favorites, ratings, level progress, etc. – will not carry over to the full version.)
Whether on your standard display or in the optional VR Mode, watch as breathtaking swarms of people follow your commands to the exit, all in HUMANITY’s stark iconic style, courtesy of director and celebrated visual designer Yugo Nakamura and famed game creator Tetsuya Mizuguchi (Rez, Tetris Effect: Connected).
HUMANITY Demo Links
- PlayStation 4 (Compatible with PS VR) (No longer available as of March 6, 2023)
- PS5 (Compatible with PS VR2) (No longer available as of March 6, 2023)
- STEAM (Compatible with PC VR) (No longer available as of March 6, 2023)
Demo Gameplay Overview Video
Limited-Time Demo Features
- 10 stages – A variety of levels sampled from the first few areas of the full game, which features over 90 stages in its Story mode.
- User Stages (Beta) – Check out levels created by other players! Browse curated playlists of the best community-produced content, refreshed regularly, or search by tag for hidden gems.
- Stage Creator (Beta) – A super-intuitive set of tools and tutorials that will have anyone making their own levels within minutes, so they can share them with the larger community!
- Optional VR compatibility – Players with a PS VR2, PS VR, or PC VR headset (note: in this Demo, only the Meta Quest headset and controllers are officially supported, but the full game will support more headsets) can immerse themselves even deeper within the world of HUMANITY.
About tha ltd.
Founded in 2004, tha ltd. is an interactive design studio based in Tokyo led by designer Yugo Nakamura. Our client portfolio includes some of the top Japanese brands such as UNIQLO, MUJI, ISSEY MIYAKE, as well as designing our own original products FFFFOUND and FRAMED. Through our work, we continue to explore ways of merging expression and technology to create new compositions.