Tetris® Effect: Connected Launches on Nintendo Switch
TETRIS® EFFECT: CONNECTED LAUNCHES ON NINTENDO SWITCH™ WITH SPECIAL 25%-OFF LIMITED-TIME DISCOUNT FOR THE FIRST TWO WEEKS
Full Single-Player Game, Local or Online Multiplayer,
Anywhere, and Anyway You Play—It’s All Connected!
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA – October 8, 2021 – Enhance and The Tetris Company, Inc. announced that their award-winning game Tetris® Effect: Connected is available for purchase starting today on Nintendo Switch via Nintendo eShop, with a special launch discount of 25% off for the first two weeks. The game has been thoroughly adapted and optimized for the Nintendo Switch system, retaining all of its audio-visual splendor whether played in TV, Tabletop, or Handheld mode, and includes all 30+ stages and 10+ modes of the single-player game, plus full cooperative or competitive cross-platform multiplayer (Nintendo Switch Online membership required) with all other versions of the game: PlayStation 4, Xbox, Microsoft Store PC, Steam, Epic Games Store and Oculus Quest. It’s a perfect complement and showcase title for the Nintendo Switch OLED Model, also available today.
The winner of over 80 awards, including overall Game of the Year and dozens of nods for its entrancing visuals and eclectic soundtrack, the Nintendo Switch version of Tetris Effect: Connected allows players access to the hypnotic experience anytime — single- or multiplayer, either online over Wifi or locally on the same screen with up to four Joy-Con controllers.
In addition to the launch discount on the game, Hydelic’s outstanding original soundtrack for Tetris Effect will be offered for a 25% limited-time discount via Bandcamp (with coupon code “switch25”).
YouTube Link (Trailer): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glZpE3Gib1w
Nintendo eShop Page (North America): https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/tetris-effect-connected-switch/
NINTENDO SWITCH FEATURES:
- Joy-Con Configuration Support – Tetris Effect: Connected supports playing with any combination of 2 Joy-Con (in Grip), 1 Joy-Con (held horizontally), and the Pro Controller in single- and multiplayer matches.
- Extra Rumble – An additional vibration option (off by default) that adds an extra layer of sensation to the original vibration design of Tetris Effect: Connected. Enabling this option adds controller rumble when moving Tetriminos left or right. When you move left, the left Joy-Con will rumble. When you move right, the right Joy-Con will rumble. It also adds rumble effects to Hard Drops and Soft Drops (when the active piece hits the stack).
- From the people who brought you stylish hits like the award-winning Rez Infinite and Lumines: legendary creator Tetsuya Mizuguchi, and the developers at Monstars Inc.
- Includes the all-new “Zone” mechanic, where players can stop time (and Tetriminos falling) by entering “the Zone” and either get out of a sticky situation that could otherwise lead to “Game Over,” or rack up extra Line Clears for bonus rewards.
- Over 30 different single-player stages, each with its own music, sound effects, graphical style and background that all evolve and change as you play through them.
- Over ten different single-player modes, from old favorites like Marathon and Sprint to inventive modern variants like Purify and Mystery modes.
- Player grading and leveling system as well as variable difficulty to encourage and reward replayability.
- Full suite of co-operative and competitive multiplayer modes, including Ranked and Friend matches, a spectator system, custom lobbies, cross-platform play, and more; details below!
Among the new modes is the titular Connected, where three players can team up and literally connect their Matrix playfields to fight against A.I.-controlled Bosses; Zone Battle, a one-on-one match of standard competitive Tetris, but with a twist: the time-stopping Zone mechanic (first introduced in Tetris Effect’s single-player game); and Score Attack, a “single-player versus” mode, where two players compete separately to see who can get the best score.
Also included is a special variation on Score Attack mode, Classic Score Attack, which brings back the look and feel of Tetris® from when it was first introduced to console gamers over 30 years ago. More than just a nostalgic coat of paint, Classic Score Attack recreates the old school controls and settings, including the removal of Hard Drop and the Hold Queue, Tetriminos Lock Down immediately when they touch a surface, and random Tetrimino generation. The mode also pays homage to a standard of “Pro” Tetris competition popularized by the Classic Tetris World Championship, an annual fan event that brings together some of the top Tetris players from all over the world.
The new multiplayer expansion joins the 10-plus single-player modes already included in the original Tetris Effect. This is Tetris like you’ve never seen it, or heard it, or felt it before—an incredibly addictive, unique, and breathtakingly gorgeous reinvention of one of the most popular puzzle games of all time, from the people who brought you the award-winning Rez Infinite and legendary puzzle game Lumines. Music, backgrounds, sounds, special effects—everything, down to the Tetriminos themselves, pulse, dance, shimmer, and explode in perfect sync with how you’re playing, making all of the game’s 30+ stages something you’ll want to experience over and over again.
Development of the Nintendo Switch version is handled by the same team of Monstars Inc. and Resonair as the original Tetris Effect, with additional coding and networking help from Tokyo-based Stage Games.